Frequently asked questions about Bohemian National Cemetery
- The cemetery looks full are there any gravesites available?
The cemetery is far from being full, and there are many gravesites available through out the 122 acres. There are four grave lots in many sections, and organizations have purchased groups of 25 graves in the Blocks on the East side of the cemetery.
- Who can be buried in Bohemian National Cemetery?
Anyone and everyone.
- When is The Bohemian National Cemetery open?
The grounds are open every day of the year from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
The office is open Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM and Saturdays 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
- When can I visit the Columbarium?
The Columbarium can be visited anytime the office is open by coming to the office for an escort. Anyone wishing to visit the Columbarium on Saturday afternoon or Sunday should make prior arrangements with the office.
- My parents are buried in Bohemian National, and I wish to be cremated. Can my ashes be buried in one of the graves?
As long as you are a direct descendent of the purchaser of the lot or are the lot owner of record, the urn with your ashes can be buried above the vault in one of the graves. If there is a headstone on that grave, you can not add another headstone. If there is space on the existing headstone, your name can be added or else a flat bronze plate with your name can be placed above your urn.
- I want to plant flowers on my relative’s grave. Will the cemetery care for them?
The cemetery staff will water and weed graves for $35 per year. This is the cost that is included in the plantings that are done for lot holders contracting with the cemetery for the plantings.
- How can I get a tour of the cemetery and learn more about it?
The Friends of Bohemian National Cemetery have a guided tour in the spring and in the summer. The tours are lead by a very well informed guide. Individual tours can be arranged through the “Friends” organization. They also have several meetings each year about the culture and history of the cemetery. The “Friends” website can be reached by clicking here.